Ben Lomond for views over Queenstown
Parts of the Routeburn, Milford and Kepler Tracks
Milford Sound during the day
Overnight on Doubtful Sound
This trip has a maximum of 14 guests plus two experienced guides.
The ‘Takahe’ is a wilderness hiking trip. While it’s not designed to be a scenic tour of the South Island’s luxury hotels, it features more creature comforts than some of our other trips and you’ll certainly feel like you’re hiking in style! You’ll stay in some wonderful places in the remote locations we take you. You’ll stay in comfortable bed and breakfasts, lodges, apartments and hotels for the most part.
Terms & Conditions
The fare includes just about everything, specifically:
• All guiding services. We have two guides per trip, a lead guide/driver and a co-guide/chef. On our smallest trips, one of our most
experienced guides will look after you.
• Comfortable accommodation for the entire period you are with us. We can also organise pre and post-trip accommodation, if you like.
• Breakfast, lunch and dinner on most days, as indicated, with many delicious meals prepared by your guides, who are adept at
catering for all dietary requirements. In places like Queenstown there’s a wide variety of restaurants and we’ve found people prefer to check out the options on their own. Alcohol is not included, although we do spring a few drinks here and there!
• All activities described in the itineraries including hiking, kayaking, biking and rafting, except the optional extra activities that are
available at additional cost.
• All transportation from trip start to end.
• The highest level of service from our guides and from our experienced team behind the scenes. We’re always here for you and we always go the extra mile!